Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 139

Thread: Life: Birthdays

  1. #61
    Inactive Member justwildbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    745
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I may not know how many people marry for marriage but I have seen others (my friend) date for money T_T (bad idea! unless ya love em >_> )

  2. #62
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    not everything is peachy lolz 99.9% is far too high i agree with xel's post, well for the US anyways

  3. #63
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dating for money... I wouldn't do it even if I loved the girl who I pay or vice-versa. Real love is always free, and if it's not free, it's not real love, and it's not worth having...

    I still think the vast majority of marriages is not for money; let's see, with hundreds of marriages a day, it's simply unlikely that they are for money; not enough rich people to get married at that rate. Besides, just go and look at your neighbors. Do any of them look like they are married for money?

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not sure, maybe one of mine did.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mehz also depends on who they marrying lmao, not everyone is rich =P so then money would be out

  6. #66
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea, besides rich may seem different to some people.

    Like say for a family that makes a total of $20,000 a year, a family making $60,000 a year would seem rich. But the $60,000 family would not seem rich to the $200,000 family.

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yea for realz, i know what u mean im around that $20,000 and below bracket lmao way below ._. ... ... boy i wish i made $60,000 a year ;_;

  8. #68
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I was talking about your family income as a whole (family=related people you live with in this case), like for us it's above $100,000. (Don't want to say exactly because that's all you need to know.)

  9. #69
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea, there may not be a lot of rich people, but some people do have more money than others. While the majority of marriages are for love these days, there is a lot of gold digging marriages in the US (and most rich countries), although 10% probably is a bit much. Arranged marriages are very common in India, and similar countries. I think they must be around 15%. They tend to be more successful too, even if they are for money. Then again, different cultures see things differently.

    Ha, so much for "happy everyone loves everyone in the end world" for you WM

  10. #70
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, and even though you can live better with $60000-$80000, I really doubt you would marry just for that, I mean, there's not a huge difference with half that money, and it's not like you'll end having a million in the bank. Only $400000 would make more of a huge difference, and few people make that; this is one of the reasons why I think marrying for money is not as common. Besides, a lot of people is willing to make an effort on something to get more money, but few people would go as far as marrying and betraying people that love them for money. And it's no big deal. Sure, you can have nicer cars, a bigger house, etc. if you have more money, but unless you have a really insane amount of it, it's not going to make a HUGE difference; it does make a difference (more and better of everything), but this difference is not as important compared to love, which can't be bought with money. My family is above $100K too, although only my father works, as I'm studying and my mother hasn't worked since before I was born (they lived in Argentina, and over there it was not so common for women to work; I wish the main family had moved back to Spain 10 years earlier [img]frown.gif[/img] ), and although $30000 families would call us rich, I don't think there's that much a difference besides what I said (more and better of everything). The most valuable asset we have is each other anyways, and that wouldn't change if we made $30000.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •